Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I'll bet the officer with the ASP was wishing he had 4 feet of hickory instead.

Originally Posted by gitem_12

I never had a problem with the ASP. Matter of fact i've seen acoupke of altercations where they were the deciding factor. You break a man's femur, he don't wanna fight no mo

If you listen to the commentary by the Police Chief in the second video, apparently the father did have his arm broken, but continued to fight..At different points in the brawl, the same guys was also pepper sprayed and tazered, each time returning to the fight within a minute or so..

I've never used an asp, but I am shocked how ineffective the blows appeared to be..

Given the situation, would the Officers have been justified to start cracking skulls seeing as body blow were ineffective?

Also, do the Police wear steel toe capped shoes/boots over there?

All bets were off a minute into that free for all. The only person who got a solid kick to the head was the officer who ended up shot. His partner put a boot square to his face in the heat of battle.

The way I see it is, once they ignored orders and went hands on knocking officers off their feet, it's a deadly force situation. One officer goes down and out and there's a loaded gun and other weapons available.