I tend to agree with a poster earlier here who said someone needed to get out of the car with a shotgun. If used properly ie fired the second someone determined deadly force, and the officer not try to fight with the cumbersome scattergun flailing along, the fight would have lasted all of 30 seconds. Slugs and buckshot put big holes and end engagements quickly.

I have tons of admiration for Officer Stearley, as you can clearly see him looking to engage a subject with his duty weapon, but can not get a clear shot so he holsters and gets back in the fight.

I also have tons of admiration for the officer who was shot. If you watch him, he not only clears a malfunction from his weapon, but the entire time he is being worked on he stands guard with his pistol at the ready. The officer was wounded but never out of the fight and not afraid to protect himself and his officers.

The biggest amount of admiration though, goes to the Wal-Mart associate who was there dropping bombs and helping the police officers when he did not need to. He can't fight for schit, but he traded blows with the other big boy and helped out immensely. I heard he received a civilian Act of Valor, and rightfully so. There is a strong possibility he saved lives that night.

Biggest thing I don't understand is why the local SO or DPS never showed up. I doubt they were THAT far out on respond time.

For you cop haters, if you A. Weren't there or B. Have never worn the badge, you need to STFU. I feel if one has never walked that thin blue line, one should not commentate on actions taken by brave men and women who volunteer their lives to protect and serve against things that go bump in the night. Protecting the lives, rights and safety of those very same people who will critique their every action, and say, based one one side of the story how it 'should' have, or say "That's not how I would have handled that situation" when it makes local paper and news the following morning. It is almost always easier to come up with a more "perfect" solution to the situation the following morning while sipping coffee on the couch of your home after a full nights peaceful rest.

Last edited by firstcoueswas80; 04/13/15.