I received my 280AI last wk. they got it shooting to 1" depending on the load. They had to bed it. When I talked with them 2wks ago. Both Dave and JD said they bedded the action. When I got it. I took the rifle apart to see the bed job, expecting a Profesional bed job of the complete action through the lug. All was bedded was the front aluminum block nothing else.

They supplied me with hand load info with groups they shot, shooting 3/4" to .550" When I shot those loads it still shot 1.1" to 1.5" at 100 yards. I brought the rifle home and looked at how the stock to action, bottom metal and trigger fit to the stock. After close examination. I saw the trigger was bound against the stock aswell the bottom metal was aswell still. So after some stock relief. They really should have seen that and fixed it.So I retorched the action screws to 55"lbs in the front and 50"lbs to the rear after grinding out the stock. Took the rifle to the range again and the rifle now shoots 1/2-3/4 consistently with the loads that they supplied me with. I have really noticed you have to have great and very consistant form while shooting a LAW rifle.

So I bought the August 12 and was still working on it through yesterday Oct 10. Now this is just my opinion here. I have had more frustration and time along with good money on this Rifle and company then I have ever had with a production rifle. I have had many Savage, Tikka, and Remington's in my day. And yes plastic stocks often need replaced with a aftermarket and the trigger needs some tuning. But that is for a $350-$600 rifle. When spending $1700 on a rifle and you still end up spending close to another $775 on it and 2 months of the company and your self trying to fix the rifle.

Now this is only my experience here and my opinion. I do think that at LAW and Mark Bansner want to do well. But I have the impression that there are lots of management, and very little workers and that there is very poor communication and follow through.I was told and promised a lot of things. At the end of it, about 20% was delivered.

As for myself. NEVER AGAIN

Last edited by brianc74; 10/11/15.