Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by shaman
I have begun hunting again with a hot chamber when I'm stationary. When I am out walking, I still carry cold.

IMO a good rule of thumb is, in any situation where you might lose muzzle control (like walking out) the chamber is empty.

Remember shamaa, you brought it up first......

Recommendation: If you ever find yourself hunting dangerous game, please let someone at least hold your wallet and a next of kin notification

I try to stay at least two counties away from anything that might eat me, but I agree: If it's lions, tigers, or bears in play, I vote hot chamber.

The thing of it is, I'm a walking landform. My hunting boots are from the Herman Munster Signature Series. The idea of me pussyfooting about the forest is ludicrous. The deer line up and hide behind trees and laugh at me. Turkeys bust over on the next ridge, when I walk out the front door. On the other hand, with my low-functioning thyroid, I can go somewhere and play like I'm mulch and do a fairly convincing act. Walking around with a hot chamber for me is just wishful thinking.

BTW: You reminded me of one of my favorite peeves when I see movies with Big Game Hunters: The hunter always jacks one in just before they take a shot. WT?

Last edited by shaman; 06/09/17.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer