Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, Im a dumbass for hunting hot, yet others who do so are evidently not. Ok.

Nice try jag,but as I said, it depends.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Well, i do appreciate knowing many well respected members of the Fire and several prominent members of the community would tend to disagree.

jag, when you continually reference others to make your point, it just shows that you've failed to make it.

Better luck next time.

It's hard to make a point with someone who knows it all.

I've hunted all my life and in several states other than Texas and I've never known anyone who hunted with an empty chamber.

I have READ about several on here who do.

That's strange.

No, what's strange is that after multiple posts stating otherwise, anyone on here thinks I hunt with an empty chamber. I thought I cleared that up. When I need a round in the chamber, there's a round in the chamber. Flushing birds or rabbits, still hunting in a spot where I might jump a deer or elk, or sitting at a spot where doves might fly or big game might appear. When I'm sitting I don't always need a round in the chamber, but muzzle control is not an issue. When I don't need a round in the chamber or when the footing is no good, there's no round in the chamber. And my judgment on footing is most definitely affected by whether I'm hunting with others.

You're right in that it's hard to make a point with someone who knows it all. It's impossible to make a point with people who don't understand what they read.

Hunting hot vs cold is not a yes or no proposition. As I said above, it depends on the situation. It's not rocket science.

A wise man is frequently humbled.