I've not seen any of the tacticool 30-30's in the wild yet. 30-30 seems to be dying out in general around here. The old farts are dying off and the sons are generally not carrying them anymore.

I did see a Sixties version of the same idea: a Mare's Leg 30-30 that stayed in the LGS' case for about a year. It was the first time I'd had a chance to heft one: downright goofy. Back when Steve McQueen was cool, the Mare's Leg was supposed to be IT. I watched Wanted: Dead or Alive all the way through last year on the cable. That thing looked goofy, and unweildy.
[Linked Image]

I suppose a good part of my angst might be marketing-driven. I noticed after age 45, there was no longer any TV commercials and nothing in the stores that appealed to me anymore. Then I realized: I've fallen out of the primary demographic! Of course!

On the other hand, in addressing my rifle loonyism or lack there-of, I have to admit that I was never attracted to hunting arms until I was an adult, then it was from direct contact in the LGS or from reading the books I amassed.

Last edited by shaman; 06/16/17.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer