My buddy, Bob, is stuck in a home at the moment. This is the retired gun editor. He has one of the best collections of old Rugers on the planet. He broke his femur stumbling in his back hall. Bob is a past president of Ohio Gun Collectors, and once counted among his friends Elmer Keith and Bill Ruger. I go visiting him whenever I can-- usually once a week. He's stuck in a wheelchair right now and trying to get rehabbed back to possibly needing only a walker.

Bob frequently looks up at me and says, ". . .and the crazy thing is there is still a 17 year old trapped in this body!" He's been saying that to me for close to 40 years.

This was my sponsor in Rifles Anonymous 30 years ago. This was also the fellow that, with the aid of Jerry the ex-marine armourer, convinced me for a time that a 22LR, a 12 GA shotgun a 223 Rem and a 30-06 were all you needed. The problem was all three of us were constantly falling off the wagon. It didn't help that Jerry owned a gun store and a reloading operation. I soon realized that the 22/12/223/30-06 was just an addict's mantra.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer