For me its just "weird" gettin "old" and thinkin about this stuff...who'd of thought!
A group of us were talking outside of church a while back, and all the conversation was all about what meds we're on, prostates, and stuff like that...damn!
I am gonna have a "safe sale", probably most of my military rifles and Trapdoors, just cause with my eyes and those tiny sights I can't enjoy them like I used to.
That will still leave me with ten or more scoped "hunting" rifles in an assortment of calibers from 22LR to 300H&H. Then I can decide what to do from there.
But, knowing my "loonieness" having some cash in my hand, (hopefully), from selling some rifles, may lead to additional purchases.
I surely enjoyed reloading and tweaking each and every rifle I've owned, to see what they could do. But, as stated before, I tend to put them in safe and move to the next one.
Time will tell I guess.
I never fell prey to marketing, although Ken Waters, Townsend Whalen, and a few have influenced my want list a bit. Out of 100 or so guns I've owned, I would say less than 10 were new.
Sorry for rambling.