I've got an old friend and former hunting partner of 35-40+ years who has told me of his Stage 4 Prostate Cancer couple months ago. He hasn't hunted in years and his 2 sons are not, or ever were much interested. He has a church buddy who occasionally borrows one of his 2 R77's that will get one of them I'm sure ....but I'm at a quandry on how to tell him who to trust of the LGS'sI use on selling his remaining guns guns on consignment, and WILL NOT get involved in selling them for him unless his wife asks after he pass'es. Most if not all of his guns came from me originally when I was working in the Industry, at my cost.

It's not an immediate problem with my friend, but has been grinding on me on how to approach him soon without sounding like a greedy dog.

I've been selling/trading downsizing all my own stuff already, and my own sons are also not involved, but my BH knows of and has been in the LGS shops I use and how the consignment drill works. I just hope she keeps the late '70s highly tuned S&W M60 pin barrel for her house gun, that is always with me on the nite stand on my side of the bed wherever I sleep...it's got lots of miles of business travelling for 35+ years under my pillow, and I'm as familiar with it's custom grips that were fitted to my hand from a clay mold, as I am with the 50 years of sound, smell & feel of her sleeping that we've been together.
Ron

Last edited by verhoositz; 06/25/17.

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.