Originally Posted by Sevens
Dang, some of you guys eat better out in the field then I eat at home. Was reading through this waiting to hear you all have oysters, caviar, and Dom Perignon.

Early on (mid 1980's), I hunted with some guys from a company I dealt with on a regular basis. They had three coolers so I thought we would eat well. Turned out they were the biggest bunch of turds I ever hunted with.

Cooler #1 had some food, including, of all things, lobster. Cooler #2 was full of beer and #3 was full of hard liquor. Not only did we not eat well (there wasn't much lobster to go around), they had other behaviors guaranteed to make sure I never hunted with them again.

1. We had to shovel 2 feet of snow to pitch the tents, which we did in a semi-circle, with a tarp over the center and a wood stove at the open end. One guy kept throwing wet paper towels on the stove, which would sit there and smolder, creating a big stink. That everyone else got on his case didn't matter a whit.

2. The alcohol was a big hit with most of the guys. So much so that they could not function until late the next (opening) day.

3. One guy wanted to poach a bull the evening before the season opened. Bragged about how he had done it before and got away with it even though questioned by the DOW. Several in the group were OK with him doing it, two of us were not. The two of us won the argument.

4. One guy decided a night-time trip to the loo was too far so he took a dump in the path between two tents.

Got to camp Friday afternoon, went home Sunday morning, three days earlier than planned. Never hunted with them again.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.