Long ago,I learned not to vary my diet very much from what I eat at home vs what I eat at elk camp.Rolling stomachs and rushes to the latrine when first getting up does not trump fixing good meals and eating right.
When have 3-4 in camp,each person brings a few dinners of thier choice.
Typical fair includes spaghetti,lasagna, fajitas, chili, rueben sandwiches,beef stew, stacked sour cream enchiladas, grilled elk steak, elk burgers.

Breakfeasts are usually ham ,eggs, hash browns.

On slow days or bad weather,we have done dutch oven cobblers, biscuits for biscuits & gravy, Chicken and dumplings. Sometimes we will take refrigerator biscuits and make donutts, or corn bread and differnt sweet cakes.

Ham and chilli beans with corn bread and honey are hard to beat.

If one is going to have a comfortable camp,good food ranks right up there with god beds and a warm wall tent.

This eating MRE's and dried stuff out of baggies that you just add water to don't cut it in our camps.While some one takes care of the livestock another couple can be cooking and every one chips in with dishes.

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/01/09.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles