I grew up believing that Cops are our friends. I still hold that belief, despite repeatedly seeing quite a few who are nothing but jerks, to put it mildly.
I've seen officers go way out of their way to help people out many times, but I've also seen quite a few who are Cartman with a badge, thinking since they're cops, we must all bow and "respect their authoritah".

LEOs have got to start self policing their ranks. Lotta bad press these days, with officers standing by watching antifa assault people in Charlottesville and other incidents. Being told to stand down does not relieve you of a duty. I understand there's no law requiring you to stop an assault, but it seems to me that your pride in yourself and your work would be more important than being disciplined for stepping in. I was informed as a soldier that you've got to follow orders. I was also informed that following illegal orders does not clear you of wrongdoing.

Another story just surfaced of a cop manhandling and arresting an ER nurse who refused to give him a blood test on a patient without a court order. I'm sure we've all seen that video of the Baltimore cop with the kid on a skateboard.

I think LEOs need to do a little better job of policing their own ranks. Crap like the last two are not to be tolerated in a free country.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden