Originally Posted by White_Bear
...If anyone is offended by my statements, maybe it's time for a little self-reflection.

OK, I'm offended and, to make up for it, I need to shake your hand, buy you a cold beverage of your choice, and figure out how you're going to compensate for my being offended. grin

Seriously, I get it that there are bad cops, I get it that bad things happen to good people that could have, should have been prevented, but weren't. The vast majority of cops want to see the corruption and brutality eliminated just as much as the non-LEO's do, if not more.

It makes it exponentially harder for a good cop to do his job when the public doesn't trust them or just outright hates them. We cannot do our jobs without help from the citizens we serve.

To have some bozo like that Utah cop violate the nurse's rights and then his supervisor backs him up, makes every cops job tougher, even those who don't work in that state. This thread is a perfect example of that.

One poster, maybe in this thread, said that it's time to stop this Gestapo crap. Yes, it's wrong, yes he screwed the pooch as did his supervisor, but the Gestapo would not have waited for the nurse to go through all of the hoops, nor would they have waited for anything. Either the blood would have been drawn as soon as they walked through the door or someone would go to jail after having the crap beat out of them.

It's bad, it should have never happened but it's not Gestapo tactics. People have no idea what life is really like under a despotic government. No need to exaggerate like hormonal teenagers.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell