Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

if it's no better then a random sample of U.S citizenry, then your hiring practices suck and you need to pick up your game...

Oh Lord I could rant on with this one. Most hiring, around here anyway, have been horribly politically driven. The city must have more * (insert special class here) officers to satisfy the political winds.

Sometime it can be a reasonable special consideration; such as if you a large and growing X community it might be a good idea to hire more X officers, especially if there are significant language, custom, and racial features. You may lucky and get great people. But sometimes in the rush to satisfy a quota a few less than stellar ones get through the screening process.

So, yes, Antelope Sniper, a lot of civilian hiring practices suck.

Don't get me started on training.

RG,

Sorry to hear that. However, upon reflection, I really shouldn't be surprised. Around here, many of the cops are real bullies, and many of those fit into the (insert special status here) category. There's also seem to be a few too many who fit into the "stupid bully' category. Ask them a question requiring more then two brain cells and they default to threatening to arrest you.

In this state the respect for LEO's is further degraded by some of the idiotic laws passed by our lawmakers, think magazine bans etc. As a result, if you are a non-fud member of the shooting community in this state, all LEO's must be held with some level of suspicion. The fault for this may lie with the politicians, but that doesn't change the level of damage done to the level of trust the shooting community hold for those nominally tasked with enforcing these laws.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell