I never made an arrest that I did not have Probable Cause to make. I preferred to present my case to the state's attorney and let them decide if I had enough Probable Cause to make an arrest. I really don't understand you guys who say you were arrested for something you didn't do, and they (LE) let you go. So then you would indeed have an arrest on your Criminal History. Off to the side of the arrest the result would be given (convicted - 10 yrs, conviction probation 10 - years) or nothing meaning the case was dropped.[i][/i] If you were falsely imprisoned that is one hell of a lawsuit you could file. Included in the damages are court costs, attorney fees and money lost being away from your job. In my career as a Law Enforcement Officer I found that most attorneys that worked in the defensive criminal system automatically assumed LE Officers lied on the stand. (They call it testilying). As a Law Enforcement Officer, once caught on the stand committing perjury, your career as a cop was done. A cop's integrity is the centerpiece of his/her existence as a cop. Once your integrity is lost because you were caught lying on the stand the state can never again use you to present evidence or testify to anything, because the defense attorney's next question would be "Officer, you were convicted of perjury on (date), is that not correct? Then why should anyone in here believe anything you have to say?" Seriously guys, as rampant you may think police corruption is today, it is NOTHING like it was before continuous supervisory presence in the form of the car cams and your body cam, and the dozens of phones that pop out as soon as the police begin to do anything official, from a traffic stop to raiding a Meth lab. News stations pay big money for recordings of a police officer abusing his/her authority - the worse the officer violated his/her oath the more the recording is worth.