I still run a Husky 272 from the 80's. That saw produces 5.2 hp at max rpm and it has so much compression that it takes a man to crank it. You can't set it on the ground and pull the cord. I cut timber with that saw for the first 3 years of it's life at 6 tractor trailer loads a day,6 days a week when it wasn't raining too bad to get out of the woods.

Basically,all the cheap home use stuff is about the same. Years ago the commercial Stihl and Husky were the only saws that would hold up to timber cutting. Both would last about as long but I always though the Husky has a lot les vibration and turned more rpm's. I know they were smoother and faster in fact because I ran both many times for more than 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I cut a lot of wood back in the 80's. I made 75 cents a ton, and it amounted to $1200.00 to $1500.00 a week,which was good money in the 80's.

If you are just cutting a little bit of firewood for the occasional fire in the fireplace,then any home use saw will work. I would look to spend around $400 and buy Husky or Stihl. If you burn wood exclusively for heat or want a saw that will last the next 20 years buy a comercial grade Husky made in Sweden if they still make them there and look to spend $700 to $1000.