Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Buy whatever is sold and serviced locally. I prefer Stihl.

Bristoe;
Good afternoon sir, I trust all is well in your world and belated congratulations on your new rural retirement home.

As my cyber friend Aces said, absolutely get what is sold and serviced by a dealer you like.

I'm fortunate here in that the local guy sells Husky and Stihl and we've known each other and got along famously for more than two decades.

We've had Pioneer, Husky and Stihl here - currently have a Husky and a Stihl. From what I read I'd buy a Dohlmar if there were parts available, same with a Jonsered or an Echo.

As Travis noted, run real gas with a fuel stabilizer and use whatever mix oil the dealer recommends and sells. By the oil from them when you buy the saw - same with the bar oil. Warranty is a much simpler proposition when that's the chain of events. wink

If you're newish to a saw - or even if you're not - there's a good case to be made for saw chaps and a helmet. I'm imagining you're not healing any quicker with age as I'm surely finding Bristoe, so a bit of caution and PPE can't hurt.

Anyway sir, hope that was useful info, good luck whichever way you decide and all the best to you all this winter.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"