Well, pretty much everything that needed to be said has been said. I'm most familiar with Stihl lineup, although I've run a fair amount of Huskies too. Was in the powerline R-O-W industry for about 14 years. To keep it as simple as possible, for what it sounds like you're planning to use it for, I'd probably just get an MS250 with an 18" bar and call it a day.

I too, like a 20" bar as someone said, to keep from bending so much. That's a little too long for the MS 250, but I ran one for years on an 026, which became the MS 261 after they changed their numbering system, and it weighs the same as the 250, but with more power and more $$. (Homeowner class to professional class.)

I bought a MS 361 after I wore out my 026, and while it is one badass saw, it's way overkill for what you're gonna do with it. Contrary to what some are saying, you don't need a 60 or 70 cc professional saw to cut up little trees like that, and the extra weight will kill your back after awhile.

Just a thought, but I've also got a badass climbing saw, the 020T, which became the MS 201T after the number system change. The sucker will flat out scream and has almost the same power as the MS 250, but it's as light as a feather too. My 75 year old dad loves to borrow it, but it's a top handle saw, which you don't want, because they're designed to balance with one hand use while in a tree, which greatly increases the likelihood of kickback. However, Stihl recently started putting a conventional tail handle on it and calling that model the MS 201C. It's a pretty pricey saw, but I'm intrigued by the idea. However, also came out with two cheaper, lighter versions of it, the MS 193C and MS 150C. While I'm a little leery on the lower power of the MS 150C, and not familiar with it, I've heard good things about the MS 193C.

Last edited by bhemry; 10/22/17.