Lots of good advice here. Stihl is the big name in my area. We have lots of trees, and lots of people who work them, etc.
This is going to be a bit different in advice. I have a place where I don't burn wood for heat or cooking, so I'm not cutting wood for that. All I need is something that will handle trees and limbs up to 8 inches or so on those occasions where I need a power saw. I needed it for an old dead cherry tree with dry, hard wood. I needed it to clear a large, dense patch of rosemary I wanted to remove. Eventually, I'll remove a juniper hedge, etc.
Rather than buy a gas saw, I bought a battery run saw made by DeWalt. It runs on a 60 volt motor and has lots of safety features. I probably won't be using it much more in future. If I need bigger stuff cut down, I know people who are very good at such things who I can hire to do it for me. Very unlikely I'll need their services very often.
I can tell you this saw has been around for some time and cuts quite well. It's light, easy to handle, cuts beautifully, and leaves nothing to be desired. Yes, I have used several different gas style chain saws and have been paid for doing tree work, etc. Again, there is no need for me to cut up 2-6 cords of wood each year or to clear mature trees off of my property. E