I seldom watch deer hunting shows any longer. They have changed the culture of deer hunting...excuse me, I think it is called "harvesting" these days. I thought we were deer hunters, not deer farmers. My opinion is not to tick anyone off, it is just my opinion...not saying I'm right or wrong. I enjoyed the days before leasing where I could walk the woods, find deer sign, and figure out how to kill him. Now, where I hunt you are not allowed to hunt anywhere except in your stands as you might be too close to another stand; even if you wanted to hunt on one of your shooting lanes but not "in" your stand.

But I stopped watching when scouting on the shows (and now by people everywhere, including my best friend) was done by trail cameras, pulling cards, and going home and putting them on a computer to see what deer was coming out where and when or for those who can get a signal now don't even have to go pull their cards from said camera, they can just sit in the warmth of their own home and figure out where they need to be at a certain time to kill a certain buck. The majority of our young people wouldn't know how to hunt the old way so if the state came in and outlawed corn, food plots, trail cameras, etc. I'm afraid many of them would not have a clue as to locate a good buck and kill him. Again, that is my opinion.

I hunt because I enjoy being in the outdoors. Don't use trail cameras so I don't have a clue what is going to come out or when or if. I still hate to hunt this way, but if my family and I are going to eat venison, I have to endure it.