Originally Posted by tmitch
Hate the adjectives cultivated by deer farmers and lease landlords bleeding over into hunting speak.....cull, trash, management, trophy, etc. Myself, and most all deer hunters I am acquainted with, consider any deer taken legally and ethically worthy of respect.

I agree about the respect even regarding ‘inferior’ bucks. I do ‘ cull’ when I can. By that I mean I kill bucks that are obviously ‘handicapped’ or wierdly
unmatched or freakish. I killed 1 last year that had a normal rack on the right side but the left side ‘freakish’. I posted it last yr in this forum but photoPUKEIT has seized it for ransom. They ‘want’ 300.00 / yr to share to other sites. Want is ALL they get.

I’m currently organizing pix with another hosting service. Hopefully I’ll be able to post some here. This past Oct. I saw a real FREAK antlered Buck ONCE, haven’t seen him since. Both bucks NEEDED to be culled. I eat the meat but their breeding days are over and can’t pass their genes in the herd.

We can have some input to the Buck quality w/o being a farming operation. Everywhere I hunt the deer are FREE ranging. Since 2012 I have only seen 1 Buck two times. All the others I’ve killed, THAT was the only time I saw them.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 01/04/18.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!