In Colonial times there were hunters. Folks that were good at it,and provided for the encampment or settlement. Woodsmen. Now everyone with the means to participate in "hunting" wants his or her bit of control over the outcome. When I was young it was all about success. If you weren't successful every year,you weren't a good hunter. News flash. Not everyone is. Just like Colonial times. So,through time we have groomed things to make it easier for everyone to be successful. Like it or not,it was monetarily driven.

The video industry was the best thing ever to help drive the new age of hunting. Everyone wanted to be like Wilbur,or have their "Monster buck moment". Cameras,tree stands,video equipment,calls. All being dragged into the brush. Deer have been groomed for size,shape,age base. All to satisfy our burgeoning egos. Millions of dollars a year dumped into the "sport" of hunting.

Now anyone can do it. So all we have left is judging each other. The age of the deer isn't the real question here. It's the approval of our peers. Again,thanks to the hunting video industry.

Being on the back side of it all now,"old". I hunt to be a hunter. Never used an elevated stand or camera. Not going to start now. It's not about deer age or size. It's not about filling the freezer. It's about squeezing some enjoyment and quiet time out of life. Rest assured,if my loved ones were hungry,deer would die,regardless of their size or shape. I know how to do it. Hey,I use to watch hunting videos you know. Deer weren't put here for me to "manage",but somehow I manage to get my share.

Get up. Get out and hunt! Concern yourself with your own ethics and peace of mind. The rest is bull chit.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."