Follow Up

Originally Posted by jwall
I’m NOT a trophy hunter !!!!!! I’m a miserable failure - 45 years of deer hunting and 0 book trophies.
Jerry

Here are my 2 largest bucks.

A. This is the 140 'class' killed in 2007. We had a LOCAL gun/hunting shop and they were familiar with scoring size. NO ONE officially scored this buck. I know these guys personally and I trust them.
This pic was taken with an OLD phone I no longer have.

[Linked Image]

IIRC he weighed 182 # (?). I had FUN finding/shooting him. Deer were not moving on our lease. We had a very large REgrowth cut over. Everything was about waist high so I was STALKING into the wind. AKA "rabbit jumping" deer that were bedded down. This guy was bedded WITH a Doe. I got w/in 30 or so yds and they both jumped up. I 'missed' the first shot--DRT him w/the second.

B. This is my Heaviest Bodied Buck, 10 pt. Nov. 2008. I shot him from a stand at a known crossing - 180 yds. *** My FIRST day hunting my Black Shadow 300 WM*** Wonder why I like my 300 ? lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He weighed 194 # at least, I was reading the scale from below looking up. He probably was a little heavier - NO MATTER.
I have a few racks that are 'close' to these two but NONE were better--SO FAR, I ain't thru!

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 01/05/18.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!