Seems to me this is a tale wherein everybody went full retard for whatever reason it served purposes at the time. Bureaucracies work in strange ways, and today's goat is often yesterday's hero.

So most here are philosophically violent in criticism of the deputy and I understand that. I would not have lingered outside pickin' my nose while this was going down, but I have an advantage over most here on the 'Fire, that being the fact that I've been in gun fights before. Some of you have also, but I'd bet most have not. To those of you who have not, I suggest you are clueless in regards to how you will react to engaging an armed hostile. Dreams and action are two different things. It does not matter if you are in the right or not, killing someone is a very sobering experience. Give it a thought before you cast the first stone......

Ingwe commented early in this discussion and perhaps a different telling of the point he made is in order. For those that wilt under fire the very first casualty is self esteem. I did not see this often in years gone by, but it does happen and there is no undoing it. The deputy's life has descended directly into hell on this earth. You don't need to criticize him, for he will do so far more viciously than any of you can imagine. At that very crystalline moment he failed badly and totally. No one is perfect for all circumstances; not him, not you. Not everybody is cut out to do heroic deeds. Let it go and know he faces the most severe of all judges for his actions.

And if you want to bitch about it, pick on the FBI or Broward County Sheriff's Office. They were the ones that had time to reflect; yet chose failure as the solution. Over and over and over again.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain