Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
And just as quick to hang them when they do violate one of those ROE's and take action. BTDT, got the reprimand.

Ed

That's gotta be a tough one. Break ROE or do what needs doing....DF

You do what needs to be done. As the Sgt. in Inglorious Basterds said "...nah, I'll probably just get yelled at. I been yelled at before."

Waiting for backup to arrive, standing in the rain, up against the outside of a single-wide trailer in a real scheithole trailer park on a domestic call and you hear a woman inside scream, "no, put the knife down!"

You just go...

Ed

As I would expect of any true man. I was at a Christian rock concert (Phil keggey) quite a few years ago, heard a woman screaming from a stairwell, looked at my friend, and leaped into motion. It was not discussed, just a glance. I found a large male dragging a female down the stairs by her hair. I confronted him and he pulled a very small knife. He was mad as he'll and wanted to leave with the girl, who was still screaming.
He said he would cut me if I interfered, and I reached for the only defense I had, a Maxem 4" lockbkade that always rode on my belt. A working tool, well worn but heavy bladed. A snap of the wrist and it was open, and I was advancing on him. "I guarantee you will not enjoy it".
In about a second she swapped from fighting him to trying to stop me!
He put the penknife away when I told him to, because if he didn't I'd shove it up his azz. And we talked.
She had brought him under false pretenses. In an effort to improve him. He wanted to leave when he found out it was a Christian thing, she refused and had the keys. Things had escalated.
I missed most of the concert monitoring them as they talked, making sure it stayed civil. In the end they left, but peacefully.

Don't know if I will ever go back to a Christian rock concert, rough crowd.... wink (sarc)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~