Originally Posted by milespatton
The only way for us to be truly equal is for all of us to recognize each other as equal without regard to race or religion. At least that is what the constitution says and what so many have died for.

I don't remember that quote in the Constitution. I do believe that it is true, and some amendment may have alluded to that, but more likely some judge decided it. miles

The Declaration of Independence says "All men are CREATED equal". Meaning, being born to a certain family does not automatically make you superior as in a cast system.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say everyone is equal. The closest thing to the word or concept of "equality" in the Constitution is found in the Fourteenth Amendment. Added to the Constitution in 1868, this amendment contains a clause stating that "no state shall . . . deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

We are not equal. I am a better golfer than Charles Barkley. I can't slam dunk. We are not +.

smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo