Originally Posted by Bristoe
Never fails,..a thread like this starts, and it's not long before somebody from Moose's Left Nut, Nova Scotia chimes in,...talkin' 'bout, "Youse guys ought ta be ashamed about how youse talk about those poor, misfortunate African American peoples".

About 20 years ago I used to talk fairly regularly with a gal from Manitoba. Once she said something to me, that she had heard about the way that Blacks were treated by the White Southerners. I asked her how many Blacks she knew up there, and she admitted she didn't know any. One day, while telling me how Canada was a superior place to live compared to the US, she got off on a rant about how the damned Indians were up there. According to her, they were all drunks, lived on welfare, and responsible for most of the crime (sound familiar?), and that if not for that, it would utopia.

Now, I have never been to Canada, so I have no inkling as to how the natives are up there. But, that just shows you how some people are, she thought nothing of being prejudiced towards the Indians, yet called me out for my opinions on Blacks.