Originally Posted by slumlord
Haha

I applied for job once with the post office in Clarksville.

The application had 4-5 extra pages stapled on the back for me to describe the nature and circumstances involving the car crashes, chargeable injuries, fatalities i may have caused, also wanted me to describe any other non vehicular felonies and misdemeanors i had to my record.

I told the guy, I had zero offences, not even a single speeding ticket, never had a car crash fault or not even as a passenger. Zip, nadda.

As if the guy was in disbelief.

This was in the early 1990s, i suppose they were only hiring crippled, negroe jewish female ex-military remfs. So I was out.

Now....there's some 19-20 yr old white girl cutie pie delivering our mail now. I have missed 2 letters from Mayo clinic and a clearance letter from my cardiologist. Wonder what else the dingbat has put in someone else's mailbox.

There was a time the Post Office was extremely safety conscious, and a person's driving record was taken very seriously. As a carrier, we had daily safety talks, and watched hours of film, mostly mandated by OSHA. The last 5 years or so that I worked, they slacked off a lot of that crap.

At one time, if you were Black and female, you automatically qualified for a job with USPS.