I played with the prototype and thought it was quite nice. I'll have a first look article up shortly and I plan to do a more thorough test when I get a production model here.

Eye relief is pretty flexible, but it is a bit short for a rifle with kick. It will do great on lighter recoiling rifle and on hunting ARs. When I played with it, I thought it would be just perfect for micro actions like CZ 527 and other similar guns.

Somewhere earlier in this thread, someone mentioned an older Sightron S2 2.5-10x32. I had that scope which has similar eye relief on a 7.62x54R and never got touched. I gave it to a friend who still has it on a similar rifle and no issues there either.

The scope is made in Japan if memory serves me right and a lot of effort was put into keeping it very trim without sacrificing durability. This scope has probably the slimmest eyepiece I have seen to date, so the eye relief has to be a bit shorter to maintain good FOV.

Basically, it is not a general purpose hunting scope. It does have its niche and I expect it to do quite well within that niche. Ultralight scopes are far and few in between, so I am pretty curious to see how this one pans out. The most obvious first application for it might be on 300 Blackout boltguns and hunting ARs that I see used more and more by either young hunters starting out or by people running suppressed for night time hog hunting. There, this scope's size and weight are really appropriate.

TO give you an idea of size, in the picture below, it is on the left, next to Vortex Razor HD LH 1.5-8x32. If you want a compact hunting scope with long eye relief, the HD LH is an excellent option, but note the difference in eyepiece diameters.

[Linked Image]

ILya