Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I know you are trying hard not to criticize but it isn't like it would be impossible to make it have an ocular just large enough for what is considered normal eye relief. It's not like you have to choose between the smallest ocular in the industry with one of the shortest ER's in the industry or some huge ocular design that adds 4 ounces. It seems an ounce trade off with a slightly larger ocular for 3.5 would have been a better choice IMHO.

I am not trying anything. I am simply looking at it from a different angle. I assure you I gave SWFA all sorts of critical comments, but eye relief was not among those. Mostly, I wanted them to make a version with side focus at the expense of an ounce or two of weight and I want additional reticle options. Perhaps, I might still be able to talk them into it.

Short eye relief, where appropriate, offers some interesting advantages. My favorite general purpose airgun scope, for example, is MTC Viper Connect with 1.2"of eye relief. It is almost long enough to be comfortable on 22LR, but only if I take the eye piece cover off. I am trying to get MTC to make a version of it with just a hair more eye relief (1.5" would do) and then it will be my go to choice for the 22LR as well.

From a system design standpoint, there are good reasons to have short eye relief, when the application allows for it.

ILya