2.5 inches of eye relief is a definite show stopper for me as well. As mentioned earlier in this thread, if a scope maker would duplicate Leupolds scope specs with rugged, reliable tracking, that would satisfy a large portion of hunting rifle scope buyers. I believe this, even if it added a few ounces and $100 to the price of the scope. Of course the ideal situation would be for Leupold to make these corrective changes to their scopes. If they did and it was verified that they tracked on the money, they would not have to worry about Vortex or any scope company getting into their market share. I just can't go with a top heavy 20+ ounce Hubble on my 7 pound and less rifles. I have a Blaser K95 that I use to hunt Roe deer. This year, I realized the need for a larger objective and illuminated reticle. After weeks of researching for a scope for that rifle that would not compromise it's great handling qualities, carried up and down the mountains, I came back to Leupold, a VXR 3x9x50. With that scope, the rifle weighs a quarter ounce under 7 pounds, only 2 ounces heavier than it did with the Ziess Conquest 3x9x40. Most of my hunting rifles have scopes with a 40mm Obj,, some smaller. Until SOMEBODY makes that scope that those have been describing in this and other threads, I will hunt with my current stock of Leupolds. RJ