Originally Posted by prm
Thanks for sharing. Good insight.

Now, can they make a general purpose scope? Something like the 3-9 HD, but with capped windage, lower profile elevation dial, reticle good for dark woods and with some windage reference, all in the <15oz range.

You are welcome.

I am sure they can, but whether the market needs it or not is arguable. It is a very saturated marketspace. Were you lookign for a FFP or SFP design? If SFP, you really should be considering Vortex Razor HD LH 2-10x40. You can always add a Kenton elevation turret to it if you want to dial.

There are not that many ultralight scopes out there, so I am kinda happy to see SWFA make this one. I like tweener scopes and did an article on these many moons ago:

http://opticsthoughts.com/?page_id=79

What is available with scopes of this type has changed dramatically, so I should probably do a follow-up of sorts. At the moment, for rifles with kick, my tweener scope of choice is Vortex Razor HD LH 1.5-8x32. The new SWFA may very well become my go to option for really light weight applications where recoil is not an issue.

For example, I am teaching my six year old daughter to shoot and for her every little bit of extra weight counts. When she graduates from using iron sights, the ultralight SWFA will go on her rifle.

ILya