Well, I've been shooting since I was 5-years old, so that's over 40 years now. Yet to ever get bit by a scope. And I might have shot more than a few times off a pack, prone, prone bipod, and uphill while hanging by my toes. And over two decades of that has been with a very lightweight 30-06 shooting 180 CoreLokts. And for most of those decades, it was with cheap Tasco scopes that didn't have more than 3" of eye relief.

Here's the easy solution: put the scope on low power, measure the eye relief, and set the scope for your consistent mount with head low and down and forward into the gun so that it lines up correctly that way. If you plan to always carry it on say 4x power, then set it that way. Which means the scope will be far forward. When you need to shoot on high power, you won't be able to "crawl the stock" any further forward much anyway, and you won't be able to get enough further forward to get "bit" by the scope. This naturally makes the scope work better in prone positions anyway when you would usually be using the scope on high power and said position tends to force your eye forward slightly. You'll get a natural view of the high power's shorter eye relief and still won't be close enough to the scope to get bit.

I still hold to my prediction: this scope will be the Campfire darling by next year's Tax Day Sale (so long as it is durable, decent glass, bold reticle, etc).