Originally Posted by atse
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The question remains: what does it have that makes it a good buy for me (collective me)? So far, all we know is that it is a very light variable that tops out at 10x. Reliability, durability, glass, and tracking are all unknowns. At $300 ($349, not on sale), it faces a lot of competition from others that weight just a few ounces more and have established reputations, good or bad.

Thanks for taking one for the team and starting the process. That Mini ought to give it a good workout. Before they added the buffer, they were considered scope killers. I'd like to know what the eye relief is at 6x.

I put a rail on the Howa Mini I bought for my grandson to use while he's small, just for the mounting flexibility. Right now it's got a scope on it but if he can't get a good view through it, I'll put a Vortex Sparc II on the rail until he can.

Why don't you just buy one, put it on a rifle,and put 500 rounds thru it,and then report back in a couple of months with your findings. Beats all the hand wringing on this thread. Many here over think things too much, and shoot too little.

Simple; I don't need a scope of any sort just now with three "good" ones sitting idle, and this one's specs don't cut it for me, so I'd be doing it just to find out something I don't need to know. For $300, I could get three Hawke Endurance 2-7s (4.5 inches of ER) from Doug, and know what I was getting into. You go ahead though, since it seems important to you.

What fresh Hell is this?