Indeed , for the most part of course, it is what you see, no one tells us what do say or what to do, and we talk to the cameraman and producers as we do it (they both film).

Its not at all 'fake' rather what it 'IS', is T.V., which is highly edited by non hunters in Hollywood. Unless someone watches us live, there is simply no other way to get it on a screen. To me, ''Fake' would be "Realease The Salmon!, Cue the Caribou!!, get the dummy animals in a herd!!!, now scatter them!!! '''''' , etc, etc....and since whats filmed its actually whats happening, I downgrade 'Fake' into "edited', and the real gets made into a viewable story of what happened.
A side line to that also is that when we , say, cut fish, it takes 10 minutes to film such, when my wife can have a salmon cut and hung in under a minute. We always say ''Were not paid to do what we do, because we do it anyways, were paid to be patient and not kill the crew'' and we remind ourselfs of this quite often.

''But'' there is always an editor looking to 'enhance' things with moody music, a commercial interruption at a busy moment, a couple repetitive shots and drawing out things (seemingly) for some great effect.
Most all of the problems with getting the crew, the producer, the editor ,took a couple seasons to ''Tune in' and get the same crew to learn the terrain, the trails, the cold, the animals and such, and by the third season, the jackass stuff was pretty much over and we seem to have a good handle on keeping the story as it happens.

Nat Geo got rid of all the scripted set up stuff; Alaska State Troopers, Live Free or Die, Legend of Mick Dodge, etc, etc, and Port Protection is being revamped and might be back, the others are all just re-runs now, only Life Below Zero and Wicked Tuna survived the culling to ''docu-series'
3Emmys and were on our 7th seasons filming.

For fruits and veggies, we gather a wide variety, though 'greens and Berries' are most of that, and we have one very expensive store in the village, where we buy Apples, oranges, Potatoes and canned food. Food is expensive, gas is cheaper (now 6$ a gallon, down from 7.85$) and the food here most people eat cant be bought in a store; Sourdox greens, Caribou, Ducks, etc. The culture here is Eskimo, and the food is a huge part of any culture.....where would Italians be without Spaghetti?

Ill try the different aperture, Rost495 though I do very well with a Spring/Summer's worth of practice to 600 yards, its just that after 30 years , a new type of sights isnt something to jump into. The cracked mag lip was because I bought 2 well used 10 round mags only a couple days before we hunted a Bear, as the 20's are too much to lug or ride with.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Caribou; 10/13/18.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick