Karate' scenes? Hmmmmmmmmmmm....I doubt Segal is available anymore, now that he's running for governor of Siberia.....maybe we could get Chuk Norris, AKA Walker, Texas Ranger and his delusion induced Indian up here? How about a wild drunken fight? That can be found quite naturally.......it is dividend time..... Ill look out my window, its quit raining and people are walking.... laugh

That would be 'reality' in its modern post Orwellian meaning, and a newspeak like ''Undocumented Immigrant" and such.....LOL!!

To answer further on our Finnish Mosin preferences, Gun makers like SAKO, Tikka and Valmet made barrels and parts, rebuilt the receivers of assumed, captured and bought Mosins of all forms and dates and upgraded them with new barrels, sights and stocks.
SAKO was the private firm that made rifles and such for the Finish Civil Guard, a self funded organized militia, while Tikka and Valmet made Mosins for the Finnish Army. When war came the CG filled out the ranks of the small army and brought their rifles to war. Both Army and CG rifles were closely modeled, but it wasn't until the M-39 that both the CG and the SA (Finish Army) had the same rifle. After Armistice with Russia, the Finns abolished the Civil Guard, but retained all the rifles that werent taken home by the men at the end of hostility's.
The M-39 is neither full length as the original M-91 Mosin, nor as short as , say, an M-38, though the SA had a limited issue of M-27 RV Carbines for their cavalry. Its a rifleman's rifle.
The stocks are short chunks of Birch. Finger and dovetail joined, glued and pinned into sold, thick and unwarpable in the extreme temperatures. The wood covers the steel so our hands dont freeze to them and the weight makes balance and recoil manageable for short stature Eskimo Women I know .....LOL!!
The safety is solid, locks the bolt shut and easy enough that all my daughters can apply and release them with a few word of instruction.
The sights are simple and far enough forward that my 49 year old eyes still pick them up as a reflex.
The triggers are excellent, the bolt is straight and unbent.
The wife did grab a PU scoped Mosin, a 'Molot' import Isvhesks and original with light refurrb but still all matching. She was trying to get the hang of the scope, but ended up using it by ducking the scope and using the irons. Its fun to shoot, I did this summer, and a chin rather than cheek hold is necessary, but its dead simple and easy.....but just not me , either.

The worlds highest scoring sniper, a Finn, Simo Hayha made 530+ kills with an open sighted SAKO M-28 Mosin, in less than 100 days, in country very very similar to our part of the world here.
I bought an M-28/30 and a case of Chinese 7.62x54r when I turned 18, after shooting a friends devastatingly accurate Finn M-24 Mosin at a dump outside of Kalispell. Ive been hooked ever since, especially after I researched them and the Finn use in both their wars with the Soviets.

In our previous collection, we had Mosins of every flavor, and the wife kept the Finns,and a few others.
One of my favorites is a matching 1939 Isvehsks 91/30 in a Finn stock, with an SA swakensmacked, and LPGar on the receiver; So it was made and issued by the Soviets, was captured by the Germans and reissued to a guard in an aircraft park 'Luftpark Geladan', then sold to the Finns in 1943 and restocked and issued out again ,and , of course a discreet CAI stamp near the front sight, as it was imported to this country....

This is my daughter Carol, trying out my M-39 , and ,I her SKS at the 300 yard gong I have staked onthe sandbar across the river. We set out 9 gongs at various ranges and plink with Mosins to .22s. it actually FEELS GOOD to shoot . laugh
[Linked Image]
Great hunting rifles, if you give 'em care like a gun should and clean consistent ammo.

Last edited by Caribou; 10/14/18.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick