If you seen it, I hope you like it.

I had quite a few blogs and places to post before Nat Geo came along, though if you did follow any of that madness, you will certainly understand what you see on the show, at least in my familys segments.
I lost touch with all but maybe 3 places I posted and blogged, and I haven't gotten back with most.

Previously, as a teen, I was a Ranch/Farm hand, of seasonal and sudden work in northwest Montana,in the Flathead Valley. Ive delt with many a cow, picked a ton of mushrooms, plucked and chucked a mountains worth of rocks, stacked enough hay bales to make the first little piggy a TajMahal of his own and shaped more enough Christmas Trees to not ever be on Santa's bad list, ever....etc. But there was always time to hook or shoot something, the rivers, forests and mountains were free.....
When I came to Alaska I got a job making lures to sell in Kenai, then a better paying one checking out small engines at the Exxon Valdez spill, , then went to visit my mom and brother in Kotzebue and landed a job loading and unloading aircraft, for 25$ an hour and didnt see a need to return to Montana.... saved some $$ even.
I quit Mark Air, Took some schooling in mechanics,EMT and Diesel tec, and found a job in a gold mine pumping water and maintenance on Cats of all numbers playing in waist deep mud...... but winter work was with Reindeer herders and what ever was happening, so I fell into the local habit of spot jobs, temps seasonal jobs with trapping, hunting and such in between.
Then I hooked up wit the wife and though we lived in a village, we certainly didnt stay there much, and thats just continued. Going camping was a childhood passion, and I never saw a reason to stop... Homeschooling had laptops arrive to our camps and I started saving photos, etc, and getting all the kodachromes on the electronic gizmos.
We made customary and traditional clothing and crafts for museum displays, % for Arts, and personal collectors and got premium prices for the furs we caught, tanned and sew'd, and it made gas $ for the next adventure. Even then, the $ was good.
The blogging , pictures and posts were from my life long hobbies of photography and writing short storys, and telling a unique view of what was happening around me and my family.
Life Below Zero came along as we made arts and crafts for sale and out doors tours/birding and needed to advertise, so along came the day we ''opened for business'' but instead of customers, it was Hollywood on the phone.....

Last edited by Caribou; 11/12/18.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick