That rifle was my wifes, actually. Its an M1A Springfield Nat Match, and she got it a few years back, brand spanking new, at a heck of a discount. It sat at her sisters untill it came home with all her other guns when my Felony was set aside.

Ive sort have taken to it, and the only problem I have is leading moving targets with the precision I enjoy with the Finn M-39.
One other problem was on another hunt, I had extra 10 rd mags sent to me, bought in Anch and well used, one ended up having a cracked feed lip, that allowed one side to hold shells in, but not the other, and it did a mag dump straight up out of the rifle while I actually in the middle of a shoot....a quick mag change and all was well.

-35 and it chugs through any and all ammo. Tula Steel,various Brass, copper washed Chinese, etc etc, just to be sure it loads and shoots.........and besides the cracked mag, Ive had not one jam or failure to fire. I rode it all over the place and let my kids try it out..........No failures to speak of.

Its 11 lbs, and while I dont mind carring it all the do da day, my wife says ''Uhggggg, Chip, will you carry this please...?'' so possession is 9/10ths the law, right????

Other than that, Ive been just banging away with PMC 7.62x51 'bronze' loaded to NATO spec. and had gongs 8'' set about 100 paces apart, and wood thrown in the river that kept moving and getting further away, 20-40 rounds a day was normal this summer.
Reloading will start after I hit the 1,000 round mark, and Im 1/2 way there....just broken in and sighted, I also have a Primary Arms 8X scope with integral rangefinder. I shoot that combo too well out to 800 yards, but the open sights need to be mastered perfectly before I go all scopy on it.

This is my favorite picture of the year so far.

[Linked Image]

Fact is , though, I still hunt with my M-39, and the M1Ais a secondary, back up rifle.

Last edited by Caribou; 11/21/18.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick