Originally Posted by Caribou
Originally Posted by markopolo50
Chip/Caribou, I've conversed with you a couple times on the Alaska outdoor forum. ..... I do enjoy your "handle" on Alaska forum better though. I know you are not from Mars, but didn't know about Montana!!!

Mark

Charles Manson had that book in his back pack when they caught him.....Heiline (?) is a good author for sure.

It has always been my story telling point of view, as a Stranger in a Strange land.
The Arctic can, indeed, be very strange.... I dont mind a bit, it's where I fit, though its been long enough 1/2 the kids in town call me 'uncle'' and the rest of everybody calls by my name, and I know all theirs ,too..LOL!!

Im not so 'Strange'' around this village or the Tundra and Seas anymore, but rather 'average', and along for the ride.

Robert Heinlein had some great insights into a lot of aspects of life... Stranger in a Strange Land was incredible in many ways.

I believe he was also the guy that wrote an armed society is a polite society. I know he wrote his feeling that all male children should be raised in a barrel and at the age of 18 a serious decision should be made to either break open the barrel or drive in the bung!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.