I own no television, nor have I watched any by choice since 2005. From this thread I anticipate you are host or leading player of an outdoor reality show on a cable station.

I am particularly interested in your attitude regarding Mosin Nagant bolt action rifles. You specifically mention Finnish variant rather than Soviet and/or Soviet Bloc (including Red China) countries of manufacture. As best you can, please identify why you prefer Finland's Mosins. Does your preference lean toward the [I don't know what length] rifle version, or toward the carbine? Is the bolt handle perpendicular to sights, or is ite turned downward like a Mannlicher-Schönauer sporting rifle?

Have you used any traditional lever action rifles or Savage 99s with side-lever safety? I have downloaded an impressive short video of the presenter burying a Winchester 1895 rifle in 30-40 Krag in mud. He wiped it off just enough to handle trigger and lever, then fired the loaded magazine without any problems with ignition cycling the lever.

I have my own preferences here in west central Montana. But our winters are severe only in terms of snow build up. We have "Alaska" cold only about two weeks, and those days are not necessarily consecutive.

Originally Posted by Caribou
A lot depends on what the editors do with it;
We can hit a nail once, but if 3 camers (lots of go pros) catch it, you might see it hit 3 times and even in slow motion.

We use Finnish Mosins because they are accurate, reliable and the weight keeps recoil very mild dosent kick Agnes;'s shoulder off. . . .
The only troubles the Mosins ever get is getting clogged with snow, just like any other rifle, and with all the wood, our hands dont freeze to the steel, it balances quite nicely and the cleaning rod keeps the chamber swabbed and the snow unplugged from the barrels end, the sling is on the side and the straight bolt handle makes for an easy grab in deep cold. . . .

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell