Where I lived in town there was a little American Eskimo that would do its business in my yard and bark at me in my yard as well. I could have rung its neck had I caught the damn thing. I moved and forgot about it, then moved again a couple of years later. Low and behold, guess who's back pissing on my shrubs? I finally found the owner about the time it kicked the bucket. His next dog was a Rottweiler and it then terrorized the neighborhood. Having small children, I talked to him about the dog every time I had a problem with it. We even became friends, riding dirt bikes together and camping occasionally. His next door neighbors were dirty hippies who bragged that they called animal control on the dog every day but were always nice to his face. Eventually the dog was taken by animal control and put down--it escaped all the time because he was too lazy to fix his fence and his door and it had become really mean. He blamed me for the dog being taken! Turns out I was the only one with the balls to talk to him to his face about the animal so I guess he thought I was the only one with a problem though I met one neighbor who wouldn't walk anywhere without a small club and another that swore he would shoot it and claimed to walk with his pistol for the occasion. I never did call animal control on it, but his family blamed us.

So my advice is talk to the neighbor like a man and then get blamed when they pick someone else's bb's from its hide.