Originally Posted by Beaver10
..........The pit tore their husky apart leaving them with a $3675 surgery bill to put the dog back together. The pit was stuck in the backyard unable to get back into its own yard. The daughter left a note on the neighbors door informing them that their pit bull was in their backyard and had attacked their husky. Also, on the note was a quick explanation that they may not be home since having to rush the husky to a Vet ER.

The daughter and SIL get home without their husky who spent 3 days at the vet to meet the pit bulls owners just coming home. When the SIL explained what had happened, all the pit owner said was “huh” it’s a rescue dog and seems nice.” Sorry about that happening, can I get me dog outta your backyard now?”
The SIL said sure, but what about the vet bill for $3675? I think you should pay us back for the attack your dog did...They pit owner said they didn’t feel responsible since the husky was likely barking at their pit bull causing him to dig under the fence and attack............

The least they could have done is file a civil action against the owner of the Pit Bull. Most people have home owner liability insurance. Even if they don't you can bet your a$$ the small claims court would have made them pay. Then their insurance company would have made them realize the non wisdom of bulldog ownership. If it happened as represented I would have told them to get that dead bulldog off my place and do not come back.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer