Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by moosemike
The PGC can't give us an extra day to hunt, they can't give us Sunday hunting, they can't give us semi auto rifles. Why? Because of tradition. It wasn't done that way in 1975 around here so it can never change. The hunters here will not allow progress.

It’s the anti-hunting and anti-gun lobbies. It’s not the hunters.

They’re a patient lot, happy to slowly peel away what’s sacred.

You’ve got your enemies and priorities all mixed up. That’s their goal.

No Brian it's a lot of hunters fighting the no Sunday hunting because of "tradition"

Locally no business close on opening day anymore. Hell most construction companies don't even lay off anymore.

I've talked with one of the 8 commissioners quite a bit about this and he is definitely not out to kill hunting and has dedicated his life to getting kids involved in hunting. The fact is that even though the schools have the day off any kid participating in school sports is still made to come to "non mandatory" practices. And no those practices aren't held at night.

I was a state ranked wrestler. My senior year, the last practice before Thanksgiving our coach told us we would be practicing Friday morning, Saturday morning and opening day of buck at 9 am. Several of us spoke up and said we wouldn't be there. He wouldn't relent. So in unison 11 seniors. Most of his starting front. 7 of us ranked highly in the state and expecting to return to Hershey stood up and walked out quitting the team.

There is no reason that they will cut a day off the season. And we have president that follows that with lengthening bear season which now starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving

In short I see this as a good thing.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell