I am looking forward to the opening day being moved to Saturday. I have hunted here in PA since 1985. I hunt mostly private land now, but have hunted widely in probably 20 counties across the state and still enjoy hunting both game commission and state forest tracts every year. My daughters are basketball players, so a saturday opener will probably give us a chance to get out with other family and spend some time in the woods. I also look forward to the day we catch up with the rest of the nation and allow Sunday hunting. I also really enjoy hunting deer with a bow, inline, and flintlock when I still have tags left.

I find that many of the guys I grew up hunting with have many other competing interests and increased resources so they seldom prioritize rifle hunting in PA anymore. Some use leave for western early season hunts and others migrate to Kansas or other midwest destinations for rut hunts with archery gear or to take advantage of earlier opening rifle seasons. I do this stuff also and admittedly don't put as much into rifle or bow season here as I did historically.