I think that if I lived in PA, I'd be having a celebration. They're giving you an extra day to hunt and moving the opener to Saturday. So some people who have to work, don't have to take off or miss opening day. Sounds like a Win/Win situation to me.

In Maryland, opening day has always been on Saturday. Like you, it's been a tradition. Most people here, don't actually go to Deer Camp. Like most people here, I just walk out my door and 45 minutes later I'm sitting in my tree stand. Logistically, I can see how this might screw up people's routine. If it's that much trouble, just keep on doing what you do. Up until a few years ago, it was illegal to hunt on Sunday here. Sunday seemed as though it was like a cool down day after the place was shot up on Saturday. I always thought it was beneficial for the hunting on Monday. Now we can hunt on Sunday here and it hasn't changed a damn thing.

We're only about a 30 to 60 minute drive from the PA line. If you drive past the parking areas at the public hunting lands on Saturday, 75% of the vehicles have PA tags. If PA changes to Saturday, it might keep those "Penntuckians" from coming down here a scaring all of our deer. laugh

Changing hunting seasons can be problematic for a lot of people though. Up until 1990, our gun season was only one week long, Saturday to Saturday. So basically, if you had to work during the week, it only gave you two days to hunt. Our deer population was exploding and DNR had to do something. So they extended it another week. The waterfowl hunters went crazy because it was cutting a week out of their 6 month long hunting season. cry I was hunting a lot of geese back then, but I loved to hunt deer too, so I welcomed it.

I do business with a lot of people in North East PA and most of those guys hunt. I'm going to ask them what they think about this the next time I talk to them.

All I can say is that if they change it, it won't be the end of the world and everybody will adapt.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan