Originally Posted by Hubert
I would not shoot a Bear unless He/She was planning on having me for lunch...but I would try to run first..

better start training! when you can go from start to 35 mph and hold it for a mile you might not end up a pile of steaming bear crap.

i have many times stepped out from behind a tree on purpose to startle a blackie and almost every time they disappear so fast i am not sure which direction they went other then at me. suckers are fast and agile.
why do we hunt them?
1. keep them from destroying our garden.
2. keep them from destroying our out buildings, smokehouse etc.
3. keep them from destroying our orchard.
4 keep them from destroying the fawn crop
5 they make the best smokies you will ever eat
6. they make very nice rugs and even coats.
7. on foot in their living room where they know every blade of grass and can smell you a mile away you are confronting your feeble manhood by going against something that can make you amount to [bleep] contrary to the people that always said you wouldnt amount to [bleep]. win, win bear hunting.
and thats just cuddly lil ole black bears.
oh yeah! some of the best comadey i have ever watched was a black bear that was clueless he was being watched.
love black bears!!!!

Last edited by deerstalker; 03/18/19.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~