Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Judman
Bears are predators and need to be treated as such... only Alaskans think they’re really huntin somthing..... as they schlep them up off kelp beds....

Down here they’re treated like shiit that they are... some think they’re a trophy...

Way back when I lived in Centralia (1987-1989) we had a bear problem! Every Wednesday (trash pickup day) there were several bears that would come down the alley and knock the cans around to get the lids off them and make a heller of a mess. To add they would set the dogs off making a heller amount of noise which I usually paid attention to. So one Wednesday the dogs start raising hell and I look out the window to note a large black bear had both of my trash cans rolling around in the alley but the sticker was there were a couple of grade school kids walking down the alley like the bear was just an amusement. When they got withing 20 feet of him he noticed and squared off facing them and they started to back off getting ready to run (would probably have been fatal) when my 150 grain Speer Hotcor from my 30-30 went through the bears head. At any rate I called the cops and animal control carried off the dead bear. I went to court 4 times before any decisions on charges were made and finally the issue was dropped. At the time I was working for a subcontractor and our job was to control trees growing under Bonneville Power Adminstrations powerlines and saw many bears. The Ilwaco area had the most and biggest bears.

Charges? Should have gotten commendation protecting those children!

Shot a gun in city limits, shot a bear out of season, shot a bear without a license. The Game warden was cool but I still had to see a judge. The police were a different story. To add to the problem the kids were third graders and got just as scared from the shot as they were from the bear. Anyway it worked out.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]