Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by DW7
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by DW7
Fireball, a question for my own curiosity. Are you a member of BHA by chance? Again, just curious.

Banff Hockey Academy? I hate hockey.

Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. And hockey is the greatest game ever invented!

DW7......what do you think of the Montana wildlife federation?...….bob

As an affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation I'd have to pass on em Bob. These organizations are hard to navigate. You look at them and they show you this shiny object with their right hand and you say yes,I'm in! Then you see what their left hand is doing and you say wait a minute! That trying to please everyone thought process gives me pause on most of these new organizations that claim to be for sportsmen such as ourselves. As I've aged things are more black and white to me with fewer gray areas in my eyes. I've come across a lot of BHA members who share fireballs thoughts on baiting bears. Many are also opposed to hound hunting bears and lions, trapping of any sort, some even oppose any killing of apex predators! It's what prompted my question to fireball as I'm sure you suspected. I dont have a problem with people being opposed to the things I mentioned above, and they're welcome to express their opinions. What I have a problem with is hunters actively working to end those things because in their mind they don't see them as fair chase, many of them having never participated in those above mentioned activities. We are such a small percentage of the population anymore, you might even say the last of a dying breed, that we can't afford to divide ourselves. Some of these new groups are doing exactly that, intentionally or unintentionally.

P.S. Fireball expressed his opinion on bear baiting which prompted my question to him. I attach none of the other things mentioned above to him, as I dont know him or his thoughts on those things.

Last edited by DW7; 04/17/19.