Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
".….Didn't that Muslim yelling alah akbar at fort hood kill dead a bunch of people with a piss ant FN 5.7?."

You just made the argument we are all talking about. FN shooting 40gr VMax around 1800 fps. Does a lot more damage than a 22LR shooting 40gr HP at 1200 fps.

And well below 2000 fps. Velocity matters, even under 2K fps.

you have me confused, I am arguing that velocity is as important as bullet size and mass. I argued that the 5.7 with its 40 grain bullet at 1800 was as or more lethal than a 9mm ir 45ACP. I never have mentioned a 22 LR in this discussion that I recollect. Does anyone want to argue that a 55 grain 5.56 at 2600 FPS is less lethal than a 240 grain 44 magnum at 1300FPS applied into the chest cavity? Secondly that handguns of all common calibers are all about the same regards lethality in self defense shootings with more than 50% of people being shot surviving single hits to the chest. I know a man that I hunt with that survived 4 shots with a 357 magnum, the shooter shot low 3 times into his pelvis and stomach and one blew his thumb off, one missed and he used the last one on himself. Now replace that with a 223, 30-06, or 12 gunge with buckshot and the odds are slim to none. Finally take something like a glock 34 with 124 grain HP ammunition, someone will shoot you two to three times with that while many are recovering from a single recoil from a 1911 45ACP. Just sayin is all.