My first 3 deer were shot with 240 gr XTP bullets. Yes, they killed but I seen them drop. I recovered the bullets and back tracking I found no blood on the ground at all. I went to the 320 LBT and blood on the ground looked like a fire truck sprayed it. The LBT is a lot slower then the 240. It is thick here and a deer will be out of sight in one jump. Need a blood trail. Hydraulic shock is another myth. A revolver does not have what a rifle has. Another story for you. My mailman John brought his daughter to hunt every year with a .223. She did get a few but she shot a big doe in the front and Whitworth, me, John and her searched with no blood. An hour later I went to my other stand and found her deer. I gutted it to find the bullet only went 6" in. So much for shock. I went into my stand and shot a buck with my SBH. I dragged both deer to the trail and called John to get hers. I made John get her a 30-30 and she shoots larger bucks each year then her dad. Her .223 deer was over 200 yards from where hit. You will get hydrostatic shock from a .300 Weatherby but not from a revolver. You just make a bullet work.